Thursday, April 9, 2009

Come on along and listen to...

The Lullaby of Broadway! I've had that song stuck in my head ever since I first saw the poster for the Seattle Women's Chorus concert series. Good thing I love that song, although now I have a total urge to rent Gold Diggers of 1935 just so I can watch the amazing, slightly creepy Busby Berkely number that goes along with it. Thank goodness for YouTube - I've posted the sequence below.

Seattle Times has a nice
article today about the upcoming SWC concerts at Meany Hall - student Arlene Havlark is a member of the chorus and is featured in a quartet. The Broadway theme promises lots of great music as well as fodder for some classic SWC comedy. With selections from 45 different musicals, you're bound to hear one of your musical theatre favorites. I highly recommend you check it out; we'll be going Friday and I'm really looking forward to the show!




No comments:

Post a Comment